Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What Did You Eat This Morning?

Jeremiah 13; Jeremiah 14; Jeremiah 15; John 15
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Jeremiah 15

16 When your words came, I ate them;
they were my joy and my heart's delight,
for I bear your name,
O LORD God Almighty.

17 I never sat in the company of revelers,
never made merry with them;
I sat alone because your hand was on me
and you had filled me with indignation.

18 Why is my pain unending
and my wound grievous and incurable?
Will you be to me like a deceptive brook,
like a spring that fails?

19 Therefore this is what the LORD says:
"If you repent, I will restore you
that you may serve me;
if you utter worthy, not worthless, words,
you will be my spokesman.
Let this people turn to you,
but you must not turn to them.

20 I will make you a wall to this people,
a fortified wall of bronze;
they will fight against you
but will not overcome you,
for I am with you
to rescue and save you,"
declares the LORD.

21 "I will save you from the hands of the wicked
and redeem you from the grasp of the cruel."

Observation

What did you eat this morning? I ate Jeremiah 13-15 and John 15 and it was delicious! God tells Jeremiah how He is going to destroy the rebellious Hebrew people and so Jeremiah asked God the question, “But what about me…when your word came I ate it up and I was obedient…I never joined them in their partying or joined them in their sin…no I sat alone by myself.” So why am I being hurt so much? What about me?

Then God responds to Jeremiah and says, “Therefore this is what the LORD says: If you repent, I will restore you that you may serve me; … I will make you a wall to this people, a fortified wall of bronze; they will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you to rescue and save you," declares the LORD. I will save you from the hands of the wicked and redeem you from the grasp of the cruel."

If you are a child of God and if you are walking close to Him this morning, if you are eating His Word and finding it delicious then take heart and claim this promise from Jeremiah, “I will make you a wall to this people, a fortified wall of bronze; they will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you to rescue and save you”.

Application

John 15:7 “If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.

I will continue to feast on God’s Word today!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, your Word is Wonderful. Thank you for giving me a desire to be in your Word this morning. I want Your Word to change my life. Jeremiah was able to stand alone and live for You. He was faithful even though the people around Him were not. Help me to be faithful no matter what the people around me do or don’t do. Help me to be a positive influence in their lives. I pray for strength today. I pray for wisdom. Make Your Word come alive in my heart. It is my desire to please You today. You are my Mighty Wall. Your are my Rock. I trust in You! In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: