Sunday, August 24, 2008

God’s Place in Your Heart

Jeremiah 33; Jeremiah 34; Psalm 74; 1 John 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 John 5

21 Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God’s place in your hearts.

Observation

Has something taken God’s place in your heart? There are so many things that can crowd God out isn’t there. Does He have first place?

“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Galatians 2:20

The Apostle Paul understood what it meant to have Christ #1 in his life.

Application

It is my desire not to let anything take God’s place in my heart today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to live out Galatians 2:20 today. Yesterday You helped me to better understand this verse as You applied it to my life. Help me to keep You number one in my life and help me to keep my heart clean. Don’t let me harbor anything in my heart that would take your place. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: