Thursday, August 14, 2008

Count on Trouble!

Jeremiah 16; Jeremiah 17; Psalm 96; John 16
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

John 16

33"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Observation

Why do I have to deal with so much trouble? Answer…because you are still alive! There is a lot about trials and difficulties I don’t understand, but one thing I know and that is this, “Just because you love the Lord and are striving to walk as close as you can with Him does not mean that you are going to be problem free.”

In fact, you can count on this, “Just as soon as one problem passes you are going to have another one heading your way!” But we can have Christ’s peace right in the middle of all of our problems. He promises us His Peace, but He does not promise heaven on earth. Somehow having to deal with all these problems here on earth is preparation for a life that is going to last forever.

But we Christians living in the USA can’t even begin to imagine the lives that most Christians in other parts of the world have to endure. Can you imagine being a Christian and having to endure living in North Korea, China, Cuba, or the Sudan? I can’t even begin to imagine what it must be like.

Anything that we have to go through here on earth is nothing compared to the joy that we will experience once we are in the presence of our Heavenly Father!

Application

I will thank the Lord for His Peace in my life and for His Presence that never leaves me. He is my help and refuge in times of trouble.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for giving me Your Peace. Thank you for being with me every moment. Thank you for giving me the desire to read Your Word this morning and thank you for giving me victory over the desire to stay in the bed a few minutes longer and not get up and read first thing. I pray for the men that I am going to meet with in just a few minutes. Bless them and bless their families. I thank you for their faithfulness. I pray that these men can challenge other men to grow in their commitment to You. Thank you for Your Holy Spirit that lives within me who gives me the strength I need to live out this day. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: