Sunday, August 17, 2008

Power From Above!

Jeremiah 23; Jeremiah 24; Jeremiah 25; John 19
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

John 19

8 When Pilate heard this, he was even more afraid, 9 and he went back inside the palace. "Where do you come from?" he asked Jesus, but Jesus gave him no answer. 10 "Do you refuse to speak to me?" Pilate said. "Don't you realize I have power either to free you or to crucify you?"
11 Jesus answered, "You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above.

Observation

Government leaders have no power unless God wants them to have it. God can remove a leader and change a government any time He wants to do so. I don’t understand why such evil governments are allowed to exist, but then I can’t see this world from God’s perspective. Reading Jeremiah this morning I saw that God used ungodly nations to discipline God’s chosen people because they had quit following Him.

No country has divine protection forever. God raises up one nation while other nations are destroyed. Our country is not guaranteed to remain the most powerful nation in the world and it is only the most powerful nation at the moment because it fits in with God’s plans. China and India are becoming important nations and believers in those countries may have opportunities to share the Gospel like never before.

The only hope for our country’s continued strength is to have more Christians in leadership where God could bless us because of their influence.

Application

I will pray for our government leaders and I will pray that more Christians rise to power within our country.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that you are in control and You can use even the most evil nation for Your purposes. I know that our country is not perfect and there are those in power that may not walk with You. I pray that the Christians that are in our government would be able to influence our country enough for us to stay a country under Your blessing and not become a nation under Your wrath. Thank you for allowing me to live here in the United States rather than some other countries that I could have been born in. You are a Wonderful God. Thank you for blessing my family so much. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: