Friday, August 22, 2008

Snap Shots of Our Heavenly Father

Jeremiah 28; Jeremiah 29; Jeremiah 30; 1 John 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Jeremiah 29

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

1 John 3

1 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!

Observation

Kathy just made a photo book for our daughter in law’s birthday and in it she put all kinds of snap shots of our granddaughters. It was neat to look at those snap shots and you could see the personality of each grandchild in each and every snap shot!

These two passages give us two great snap shots of our Heavenly Father! In Jeremiah 29:11-13 we see God’s plan and purpose for us and we can see our much He cares for us. In 1 John 3:1 we see the snap shot of a Prodigal Father, One who is extravagant, who lavishes His love on His children even though we don’t deserve His Wonderful love or deserve being called children of God. I love the word “lavishes” don’t you and that is how He loves us!

Application

I will seek the Lord today and I will seek Him with all my heart!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for giving me these two snap shots this morning of what You are like and for showing me how much You love me. Thank you for your extravagant love that You lavish on me everyday! Thank You for letting me know that you plan on prospering me and not harming me. Thank you for giving me a hope and a future. You are so Wonderful. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Paulette said...

Hey Pastor Eddy!
Tell Kath I sure would love to see some new pictures!
The C.R. Summit in California was amazing!! It was such an awesome experience, I loved it so much and learned allot.
I can't wait to come to Florida the first week in October!!

Eddy Williams said...

I will let her know! Glad that you got to go to the Summit. We loved our visit out to Saddleback. October will be here soon!