Friday, August 29, 2008

It’s Time to Check Your Temperature!

Ezekiel 4; Ezekiel 5; Ezekiel 6; Ezekiel 7; Revelation 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Revelation 3

15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.

Observation

Lukewarm Christians make the Lord sick to His stomach and He says that He will vomit them out of His mouth. Now that is not a pretty picture. I do not want to be lukewarm. I want to be on fire for the Lord. How about you?

A lukewarm Christian would probably be a self centered Christian that does not have Christ on the throne of his or her life. They may be attending church and even showing up for small group or Sunday School but he or she is doing it out of habit or routine just going through the motions. They are not any fun to be around because they are probably stirring up trouble with a mean critical negative spirit.

Application

I will not be lukewarm.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t ever let me be lukewarm. Keep me from sin. Help me not to do things out of merely habit or routine. Keep me on fire for you. Revelations 3:20 says “I know that you are always standing at the door of my heart and you are constantly knocking. And if I will open up the door of my heart you will come in and fellowship with me.” I know that as long as I don’t let anything take Your place in my heart that I will be on fire for You. I love you. You are so Worthy to be Praised! In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Rick Morgan said...

Most of the church body in America these days probably fit in this category.

Eddy Williams said...

Rick,

Now I think that you need to be careful with statements like that. I don't think that most Christians are Lukewarm. A lot yes, but not most! I understand what you are saying, but if we are not careful we may think that we are more spiritual than other folks ... and we could take a big fall! I will be praying for you as you go on your trip.