Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Life is So Short!

Jeremiah 52; Revelation 1; Psalm 143; Psalm 144
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Psalm 144

3 O LORD, what are human beings that you should notice them,
mere mortals that you should think about them?
4 For they are like a breath of air;
their days are like a passing shadow.

Observation

When you read in scripture about the length of our lives it is always described in terms like what we find in these two verses above. Check these verses out:

"Show me, O Lord, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath. Selah (Psalm 39:4-5)

“Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.” James 4:14

For, "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, 1 Peter 1:24

“As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the field;” Psalm 103:15

A voice says, "Cry out." And I said, "What shall I cry?" "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field. The grass withers and the flowers fall, because the breath of the Lord blows on them. Surely the people are grass. The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:6-8

There we have it; our lives can be summed up as a single breath, or compared to grass, or a morning mist. So we need to live every day like it is our last.

Application

I will focus today on investing my time on what will last forever.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to make my life a life that counts. I want to accomplish what I was put on earth to do. Show me what is important. Guide me today. I pray that you direct my thought life. Give me Your thoughts. Give me Your mind. Give me Your heart. I pray for Your direction. Help me to make the few days that I have left here on earth count for you. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: