Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I Will Praise The Lord No Matter What!

Habakkuk 1; Habakkuk 2; Habakkuk 3; John 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Habakkuk 3

17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
and the cattle barns are empty,

18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD!
I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!

19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength!
He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
able to tread upon the heights.

Observation

Habakkuk lays out his complaint before the Lord in chapters one through three and then finishes with this huge statement of faith. He says that no matter if all the crops fail and all the animals die in the fields and there are no animals left alive in the barns he would still praise His Sovereign Lord! Wow… What Faith!

When things are difficult do we begin to doubt God’s love for us? Do we begin to complain? I like what Job said after God had allowed so many bad things to happen to him, “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him …” Job 13:15

Can you and I praise Him even when times are difficult and even when we can’t see God at work in our lives?

Application

I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign Lord is my strength!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I will rejoice in You! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! You are the Sovereign Lord. You are my strength! Help me not complain today. Help me to see You above my circumstances and help me see You at work in the people’s lives that surround me. I pray for victory for them. I pray that you would answer the prayers of your people. I pray for Theresa, David and Lorraine as they deal with grief today over the loss of Ronnie. I pray that you be their strength. I pray that you bless them. I pray that you bless any person that happens to read this blog today. Show yourself powerful in their life today. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: