Friday, August 15, 2008

The Lord’s Prayer is Definitely for Me … and Maybe for You!

Jeremiah 18; Jeremiah 19; Jeremiah 20; Psalm 93; John 17
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

John 17

20 "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. 24 "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

Observation

I say that maybe Jesus is praying for you in John 17 and the reason I say that is because if and only if you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior are you included in this prayer. This prayer is for Christ Followers only! It is definitely for me! How about you? Would you like to know more a personal relationship with Christ? If you do then you can just click here to read more…

Application

I will take Jesus’ example and pray for other Christ followers that I know.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray today for my family, my church family and I pray that you protect them from the evil one. I pray that you bless our church. Help our church to be a healthy place were people are attracted by the love each member has for the other. Help us to love each other with your love. I also pray for the believers in China and I pray for your children in the old Soviet Union. I pray that you protect them and help them to flourish in spite of the opposition and problems. Bless them a thousand times over for their faithfulness. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: