Saturday, August 02, 2008

Wake Up and Look Around!

2 Kings 21; 2 Chronicles 33; John 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

John 4

34 Then Jesus explained: “My nourishment comes from doing the will of God, who sent me, and from finishing his work. 35 You know the saying, ‘Four months between planting and harvest.’ But I say, wake up and look around. The fields are already ripe for harvest. 36 The harvesters are paid good wages, and the fruit they harvest is people brought to eternal life. What joy awaits both the planter and the harvester alike! 37 You know the saying, ‘One plants and another harvests.’ And it’s true. 38 I sent you to harvest where you didn’t plant; others had already done the work, and now you will get to gather the harvest.”

Observation

In June I had the chance to travel to Pallisa, Uganda on a mission trip with 9 other people. We did medical clinics in the morning and we held crusades in villages in the evenings. At the clinics we shared the Gospel with everyone that came for treatment as well as at the crusades and there were over 1,100 people that made decisions for Christ. I am sure that not all 1,100 were genuine decisions, but I believe the majority of the people were sincere. They were as open as this Samaritan woman was to the Gospel.

We had the chance to harvest where others had sown many years earlier. Missionaries have worked in Uganda since the early 1900’s and many of them paid a high price (their very lives) so that we could participate in the harvest. Now is the time of harvest in Uganda and there is urgency because we don’t know how long we have before the country changes and closes its doors.

There is a harvest in Tampa too, but I think we have to wake up and look around to find it. Here there may not be thousands coming to Christ like in Uganda, but God still has people here in Tampa that He has prepared and they are ready to come to Christ!

Application

I will look around for folks that Jesus has prepared to hear the Good News and whom He has already prepared to accept Him.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, open my eyes so that I may see the harvest that You have prepared and that is waiting to come to Christ. Wake me up and help me look around so I don’t miss one person that needs to respond to you. Thank you for reminding me through this passage that you have people waiting and ready to accept the Good News. Thank you for all the people that have taken the 30-day challenge to read your Word. Help them to be able to read your Word on Saturdays and Sundays when maybe their daily schedule/routine changes and they could be tempted to skip their time with You if they are not careful. So remind them today and put a burning desire in their hearts for Your Word.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: