Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Meditation Rocks!

Amos 7; Amos 8; Amos 9; Psalm 104; Titus 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

May What I Think About Please Him!

Scripture

Psalm 104

33 I will sing to the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
34 May my meditation be pleasing to him,
as I rejoice in the LORD.

Observation

Meditation is something that is super important for us Christians to do, but what we meditate on makes all the difference in the world. If all we do is worry, worry, and worry some more then that kind of meditation will not bring us success. Lets look at some good verses that explain how we should meditate:

Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the LORD. Psalm 104:34

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Philippians 4:8

Application

Someone has said that meditation is like a cow chewing her cud, she chews and chews and then she regurgitates everything and chews some more. Sounds gross, but when we meditate on God’s word it is anything but gross, it is powerful. It is one of the keys to being a successful Christ Follower. What you focus your thoughts on today will be evident by everyone that you come in contact with so focus on God’s word.

Take a verse or two and think about them all day long. Take what Paul says in Philippians 4:8 and only think about these things: “whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy” … think about such things.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that the invisible world is more real than the physical world I can see. I know that the spiritual realm that surrounds us is far more important than the physical world that I can see and touch. I pray today that You would give me spiritual discernment and wisdom to understand more about what is going on in the world around me that I cannot see with my human eyes. I pray for those that are sick today and those facing surgery. I pray in the Name of Jesus that they would be made whole, that they would be healed. I am reminded that You are the Great Healer and that nothing is too hard for You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: