Thursday, April 05, 2007

It’s Just a Tent!

Ruth 1; Ruth 2; Psalm 53; Psalm 61; 2 Corinthians 5
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

2 Corinthians 5:1 “Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.”


Observation

Paul says that this body that we live in is just a tent and it is getting ragged (Eddy paraphrase!). But we have something a whole lot better waiting for us in Heaven! In May we are planning an overnight camping trip with our granddaughters and we are looking forward to it. The thing about camping is that it is ok for a night or two but you don’t want to have to live in that tent forever! I am sure that we will look forward to getting back to our own beds no matter how good sleeping on the ground in the great outdoors will be! It doesn’t compare to the comforts of home! Heaven is going to be a million times better than that! I am reminded every morning when I wake up that this tent that I am living in is wearing out. It seems like everyday I wake up with a new ache or pain!


Application

Focus on what is eternal and not what is temporary! Invite someone to attend church with you this Easter!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for having a new body waiting for me in Heaven. I am sure going to need it. Help me take care of this body, but help me stay focused on the really important things in life which are the people around me. Help me to think more of them today than myself.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: