Friday, April 20, 2007

One of David’s Secret Weapons!
Dependence on the Lord!


1 Samuel 23; Psalm 31; Psalm 54; Matthew 7
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Samuel 23

1 When David was told, "Look, the Philistines are fighting against Keilah and are looting the threshing floors," 2 he inquired of the LORD, saying, "Shall I go and attack these Philistines?"
The LORD answered him, "Go, attack the Philistines and save Keilah."
3 But David's men said to him, "Here in Judah we are afraid. How much more, then, if we go to Keilah against the Philistine forces!"
4 Once again David inquired of the LORD, and the LORD answered him, "Go down to Keilah, for I am going to give the Philistines into your hand." 5 So David and his men went to Keilah, fought the Philistines and carried off their livestock. He inflicted heavy losses on the Philistines and saved the people of Keilah. 6 (Now Abiathar son of Ahimelech had brought the ephod down with him when he fled to David at Keilah.)

Psalm 31:
14 But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God." My times are in your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me. Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love.

Psalm 54
2 Hear my prayer, O God; listen to the words of my mouth. Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me. For he has delivered me from all my troubles, and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes.


Observation

I don’t know how David developed the habit of total dependence on the Lord, but I know that it helped having to run for his life as Saul attempted to kill him. David was wise enough to talk to God and God delivered him time after time. There were a few times in his life where David did not depend on God and the consequences were severe, but most of his life he was a “man after God’s own heart”.



Application

God wants me to talk to Him about everything that is going on in my life. He wants me to depend on Him. And He desires that same relationship with you!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to seek your face and bring every issue I am facing to you. Help me today shine for you. Bless those that are going camping with the R.A.’s today. I pray that some of the “dads” will be touched today with your power and I pray that you bring them into your family!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: