Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Be Strong…Do Not Fear!

Isaiah 32; Isaiah 33; Isaiah 34; Isaiah 35; James 2
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


Scripture

Isaiah 35

4 say to those with fearful hearts,
"Be strong, do not fear;
your God will come,

Observation

Do you have a fearful heart today? During the last couple of days we have had some really powerful thunderstorms pound us. I love storms! How about you? I have to admit that when that lightening is cracking down especially when it hits close there is a little bit of momentary fear! After all, we don’t know where that lightening is going to hit and we don’t want to be the next target! My mother in law is super afraid of lightening and I have a lot of fun kidding her about her fear, but bottom line it all comes down to our trust in our Heavenly Father to take care of us. “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come.” What are you afraid of today? Let me say to you today, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come.”


Application

I am going to memorize Isaiah 35:4 and quote it when I am caught with a fearful heart.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, over and over again in scripture you tell us not to be afraid and I think that you have to do that because we are so easily frightened by the things around us. Your word tells us not to be afraid; it tells us to trust in you. Lord, help me to trust and not be afraid today. You are my strength, my shield, my fortress, you hide me under the shadow of your wings, and nothing can touch me today without your permission! Thank you for taking care of me. You are Awesome and worthy to be Praised.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: