Monday, July 09, 2007

Anchor for the Soul!

Micah 1; Micah 2; Micah 3; Micah 4; Hebrews 6
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


Scripture

Hebrews 6

19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20 where Jesus, who went before us, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.


Observation

This past week while we were at the beach on vacation I learned how important an anchor is when you are fishing. I paddled my kayak out to a man made reef a good ways off the beach where we were staying and anchored above the reef. I believe to make the reef someone dumped concrete debris out there from an old bridge.

As I was fishing (not catching) I kept getting hung up on the old concrete below and l had to break off my line several times. When I got ready to leave I tried to pull up my anchor and it would not budge. After trying and trying to pull it up I decided to give up and leave it out on the reef; I really didn’t have any choice!

The rest of the week I fished but could never anchor and I had to just float around and could never stay in one place. For the entire week I couldn’t ever secure the kayak out in the water. Thank goodness we have an anchor for our soul that is firm and secure and we don’t have to be tossed about without hope.

Application

Do you need to be reminded that you have an anchor for your soul? Jesus is our hope. We are secure in Him. Are you being tossed about…then grab hold of the anchor that is firm and secure!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for providing an anchor for my soul that is firm and secure. Whatever life brings my way this week I know that my hope is in you. I am glad that you never lie and everything in your Word can be trusted. Help us as we go out on outreach tonight touch people’s lives for you. Empower us as a church to do your will. Bless our people today. You are a Wonderful, Powerful, and Mighty, God, who is worthy to be praised! Amen.




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: