Wednesday, July 25, 2007

When You're Between a Rock and a Hard Place!

Isaiah 43; Isaiah 44; Isaiah 45; 1 Peter 4
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Isaiah 43

When You're Between a Rock and a Hard Place


1-4 But now, God's Message, the God who made you in the first place, Jacob,
the One who got you started, Israel:
"Don't be afraid, I've redeemed you.
I've called your name. You're mine.
When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you.
When you're in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you're between a rock and a hard place,
it won't be a dead end—
Because I am God, your personal God,
The Holy of Israel, your Savior. (Message)

Observation

I usually read everyday using the NIV translation when I have my quiet time, but today for some reason my computer had the “Message” paraphrase version open and so I read from that today. I really like Isaiah 43 in the “Message”. “When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you” wow…this is so true. I have been there many times and God has always been there with me. Are you in over your head today? Are you in rough waters thinking that you are going down? Are you between a rock and a hard place? If you have answered “yes” to any of these questions then Isaiah 43 is the passage for you. I have gone to this passage many times in my life to gain strength and assurance and I am sure that I will return to it many times in the future. Isaiah 41, Psalms 37 are also great passages when you are in over your head!

Application

I will meditate on Isaiah 43 today with the confidence of knowing that I have a personal God who loves me!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are Wonderful. You are all Powerful. Nothing is too hard for you! Please help me get everything done today that needs to be done to be able to go on the mission trip tomorrow. Bring to my mind everything that is important today for me to remember. Be with our team members as they prepare for the trip. Be with our Mexican Christian brothers and sisters in Christ that we will be working with and open up doors of opportunities for us in the villages where we will go. You are an awesome wonder working God. Thank you for loving me!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: