Monday, July 02, 2007

It is Not About Us!

Isaiah 4; Isaiah 5; Psalm 115; Psalm 116; Jude 1
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


Scripture

Psalm 115

1 Not to us, O LORD, not to us
but to your name be the glory,
because of your love and faithfulness.



Observation

Have you ever felt slighted when someone gets the credit for something that you may have worked hard on and they may have hardly done anything?

Glory…needs to go to God…not us! We are soooooooooo concerned about ourselves and the credit that we think we deserve! We all need a good dose of Psalm 115:1. Being selfish comes so natural we don’t even have to work at it, but being selfless is a daily commitment. What will you and I choose to be today?



Application

Take time to give God the Glory that He deserves today!



Prayer

Lord, you are a wonderful Creator God. I am thoroughly enjoying your ocean today. In just a minute I am going back out to fish. And even if I don’t catch a thing I want to give you praise for providing me a great place to try to catch fish. It is to you and your name that I give Glory. Not to us, O LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness. Amen.




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: