Saturday, June 30, 2007

Did I Tell You How Much We Love The Beach?

Amos 7; Amos 8; Amos 9; Psalm 104; Titus 2
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


Scripture

Psalm 104

How many are your works, O LORD!
In wisdom you made them all;
the earth is full of your creatures.

25 There is the sea, vast and spacious,
teeming with creatures beyond number—
living things both large and small.

26 There the ships go to and fro,
and the leviathan, which you formed to frolic there.

27 These all look to you
to give them their food at the proper time.

31 May the glory of the LORD endure forever;
may the LORD rejoice in his works-

32 he who looks at the earth, and it trembles,
who touches the mountains, and they smoke.

33 I will sing to the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

34 May my meditation be pleasing to him,
as I rejoice in the LORD.

35… Praise the LORD, O my soul.
Praise the LORD.



Observation

Do you know this about us yet? Kathy and I love the beach!

When we first started dating we would skip school and head for the beach! Did I just say that!

I hope my grandkids don’t read this! Over the past 39 years we have accumulated so many wonderful memories of times at the beach. Sometimes in our pilgrimage the beach would be Casitas in the state of Vera Cruz, Mexico, or Manzanillo, Mexico, Cancun, Cozumel, Isla Mujeres, or Acapulco, Mexico (just to name a few). We have experienced the beaches of France, Spain, and Morocco. Visiting Normandy beach in France where so many of our soldiers died to keep us free was an unforgettable experience. Kathy and I enjoyed exploring the beaches around southern Spain while we lived in Malaga. Of all the beaches that we have had the opportunity to enjoy from the Outer Banks, Tybee Island, Hawaii etc. our favorite is still Indian Shores (when I say Indian Shores this includes Clearwater to Ft. Desoto).

You see it was on June 3, 1969 on graduation day that I proposed to Kathy…and of course, we were at the beach!

I love the beach because it shows off God’s Power. It shows off His Majesty. He is an Awesome Creator God and to think that He loves you and me! Plus God has given me (or at least allowed me to have) this love for fishing.


Application

Go to the beach! We will be there all next week. I will probably not be able to blog while I am on the beach! I will be too busy …fishing…spending time hopefully with my grandkids…and walking the beach with the one I love the most in the whole world…Kathy!



Prayer

Heavenly Father, you are an Awesome Creator God. I can’t believe that you love me. When I see all that you have created and realize that you created it for me I am filled with awe. I love all that you have done. Thank you for making such a cool beach just for me…and a few other thousand people too. Bless our church and continue to work in the lives of our people. Praise the Lord. O my soul. Praise the Lord! Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Paulette said...

Well yes indeed I did know that about you two. One of my farorite memories is when Millie and I and Carolyn kidnapped Kathy a few short months ago and we all spent the night together in Clearwater, on the beach and she shared with us that right across the beach is where you and she would go to be near the ocean. I loved that so I took a picture of her looking fondly in that direction! It was a special time. I too LOVE the ocean and cannot wait to get back to Florida and spend time scanning the oceans!
Love yall