Saturday, June 23, 2007

Keeping Things in Perspective!

2 Kings 8; 2 Kings 9; 2 Chronicles 21; 1 Timothy 4
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


Scripture

I Timothy 4

8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.


Observation

As I read this yesterday I thought about how I have not been walking and getting the exercise that I should. I am encouraged by the fact that Paul says that physical training has some value, but godliness has value for all things because even though I haven’t been walking I have been reading God’s word. Being in His Word everyday is much more important than daily exercise even though we need both! Last night was family night at Vacation Bible School and it was a great program. The kids loved VBS this year! I am very proud of all of our VBS workers!


Application

I got up this morning with a strong desire to read God’s Word and journal, but I know that I also have to start back to walking soon to keep this body in shape!



Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for giving me a love for your Word. It is fascinating to read how you worked in the lives of the folks in the Old Testament; how one King would follow after you but the next one wouldn’t and how you disciplined the people of Israel until the came back to you. You are so patient and so full of mercy. Please direct my thoughts today and keep my thoughts on you.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: