Friday, June 29, 2007

Give Me an Undivided Heart!

Amos 4; Amos 5; Amos 6; Psalm 86; Titus 1
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


Scripture

Psalm 86

A prayer of David.

1 Hear, O LORD, and answer me,
for I am poor and needy.

2 Guard my life, for I am devoted to you.
You are my God; save your servant
who trusts in you.

3 Have mercy on me, O Lord,
for I call to you all day long.

10 For you are great and do marvelous deeds;
you alone are God.

11 Teach me your way, O LORD,
and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.

12 I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.

15 But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God,
slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

Observation

What a great prayer! This is a great prayer for you and I today. Lord, give us an undivided heart! David was smart and he knew what to ask for, and God gave it to Him. God says about David in Psalms 78:72 “And David shepherded them with integrity of heart; with skillful hands he led them.” It is only said of King David that he was “a man after God’s own heart.” It is so easy to have our hearts messed up with stuff that is not important, that doesn’t matter, sin, or just worldliness. It is too easy to have a heart that is divided.


Application

Pray and ask God for an undivided heart. A heart focused on him and on his kingdom. Our citizenship is in Heaven, not on earth.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, you are all powerful and absolutely nothing is too hard for you. Would you give me an undivided heart today? Would you help me to seek you with all my heart. I want to focus on you today. I want to think more about your kingdom today than anything else. Even with having to get ready to go on vacation today I ask you to help me think more about you and your kingdom than the week of vacation that starts tomorrow. You are so awesome. As David says in verse 10, “For you are great and do marvelous deeds.” Amen



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eddy,

I am so glad that I took the time, made the time to come to your blog this afternoon. I had some plans that fell through, so I decided that I was going to take advantage and get reorganized yet once again. Only this time, start Sprituatlly first!!

This scripture "psalm 86" hits so hard with me today! It truly is hard to stay focused only on GOD! The times we live in, we are so accountable to other things (worldly things). Our Jobs, etc. Its amazing really just how much I have been thinking about this lately.

But My prayer the past few days has been just that, "God, pleas keep me focused on YOUR will and what you want me to do with every minute, every second of my life." So many things have tried to push me down; Work, People, etc, etc. But my montra has just been, "Seek God" "God is going to take care of Everything" I have nothing to worry about. I want to do everything with my life that he would have me do. I am open for anything!

They dissolved several positions withing the city employment and I have to say that although I love my Job and I know that God wants me right where I am at right now, I wasn't worried. I almost found myself wishing that I'd be given a pink slip so to speak. "Force me to take that Giant Step" If its Gods' will it will happen no matter what. And I didn't need to worry because HE would take care of everything!

I can't say that I was very happy the past few days. Not happy with my life in general! BUT, I am FILLED WITH THE JOY OF CHRIST! I never thought that I would be able to decipher that there were two totally seperate feelings. That you could be unhappy, yet still be filled with Christ's Joy!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT?
Or is it just me? Maybe I have lost my mind?! No, Not possible!!!
Spiritually I am very close to Christ and understand more and more what God has in store for me, even though its not what I would have for myself.

I feel like I am rambling on like a mad woman.

I think I will go eat, read some more and take a hit at my Blog! Amazing!

I have so much on my mind, I think God has put there! So much I want to do for the Church and the Community!!! There is just not enough time to do it all!

Maybe we need to have Monthly Brain Storming Meetings at Church. Like, right after the service. Everyone bring a covered dish of some type and we just stay there, eat and brainstorm!! Who knows, we might even get a lot accomplished!

I was talking with an unlikly attendee the other day who never voices their opinion, but just might if we did something like that. I'll tell you more later!

I LOVE THE WORLD! I LOVE MY HEAVENLY FATHER! HE IS AWESOME!!!!
NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS HE WILL PULL ME THROUGH ANYTHING!!!!!!

;-) Betherine

Eddy Williams said...

Beth,

When I read your comments it is obvious that you are growing in Christ. Glad that they didn't give you a pink slip. You have a mission field downtown.

Staying at a job is a great witness. It is sometimes easier to say, I will go where ever you want me to go than to say I will stay where ever you want me to stay! Grass is always greener on the other side...so we think!

Did you say that you were going to write something on your blog? Wow! Now that would be a good thing I keep checking to see if you have written anything but I haven't seen anything new for quite awhile now.

Have a great day.

Eddy