Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Why Me?

2 Kings 1; 2 Kings 2; 2 Kings 3; Psalm 82; 1 Timothy 1
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

The Lord's Grace to Paul

1 Timothy 1

12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. 13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Observation

I feel like Paul this morning as he talked about what Jesus Christ had done in his life and that he was so unworthy of being appointed into service. I know the feeling. God’s grace and mercy have been poured out on me too! Did you notice in verse 16 that Paul says God saved us so that Christ Jesus might show his unlimited patience as an example for those who believe on him and receive eternal life? Don’t you like how Paul finishes in verse 17, “Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.” Amen!


Application

Have you trusted in Jesus Christ to save you? Have you turned from sin and from self and turned to God and asked Jesus Christ to be your Lord and Savior? I am a sinner, but I have asked Jesus to save me. Have you asked Him to save you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for saving me. I am a sinner. I don’t deserve your mercy and grace. I don’t deserve eternal life or salvation. Thank you for your unlimited patience towards me. I know that I don’t deserve it. Help me to have patience with those around me today. Use me today for your glory. “Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.” Amen!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: