Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Everything is Meaningless, Like Chasing After The Wind…Unless You Know Jesus Christ!

Ecclesiastes 1; Ecclesiastes 2; Ecclesiastes 3; Psalm 45; Ephesians 2
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Ecclesiastes 2

11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done
and what I had toiled to achieve,
everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
nothing was gained under the sun.

Ephesians 2

10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.


Observation

Solomon’s problem was that in all his wisdom he didn’t have the advantage we have of reading the book of Ephesians and the other books of the New Testament. In the book of Ephesians we are told that we are God’s masterpiece; his creation and we will only find our purpose in life when we are doing what God created us to do.

Application

Want to stop chasing the wind? Try applying these verses in your life today:

Col. 3:17,23 “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men”

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I don’t want to just be chasing the wind today. Show me purpose and meaning to what I am doing. Help me to serve you with my whole heart. You are so wonderful. You are a wonderful creator God that gives my life purpose and meaning. Life without you is no life at all. Thank you for choosing me and allowing me to know you.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: