Friday, June 15, 2007

Down…Need a Lift?

1 Kings 16; 2 Chronicles 15; 2 Chronicles 16; Colossians 1
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Colossians 1

29 To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.


Observation

Today the grocery stores sale all kinds of energy drinks…they all say that they will give you a boost! I woke up a few minutes ago and my body feels tired. I guess it is because yesterday I helped my maintenance man at church fix a broken sewer line and at my age and physical condition it just about killed me. But inside I am full of energy. I woke up with a strong desire to read His Word. My thoughts before I got out of bed were God thoughts. He is powerfully working in me.

Application

Need some energy for today…forget the energy drinks…skip the energy bars…feast on His Word this morning so He can powerfully work in you.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, though my physical body is wearing out you are renewing my inner man everyday. Thank you for putting God thoughts in my mind this morning. Thank you for giving me the desire to read your Word this morning. Thank for the energy that is powerfully at work in me today. You are Wonderful and worthy to be praised!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: