Saturday, June 02, 2007

Must Believe and Not Doubt!

Proverbs 22; Proverbs 23; Proverbs 24; Romans 14
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Romans 14:23b

…and everything that does not come from faith is sin


Observation

Everything that does not come from faith is sin…so if you are getting ready to do something, but you have a doubt about whether it is something you should do then be careful you might be getting ready to sin. Paul was talking about eating food that had been bought in the market place and that may have been offered to idols. Paul said, “I can eat it and it doesn’t bother me, but if you go to eat it and doubt that you should then you better not because that would be sin. Why do we do what we do? Is it just because of tradition or habit or is it because of our faith?


James 1:6 “But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.”


Application

What am I doing that does not come from faith?



Prayer

Heavenly Father, you are a wonderful Father and worthy of praise. Work in my heart and help me be driven to do the things I do because of my relationship with you. Show your power today in my life and in the lives of those around me.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: