Thursday, June 28, 2007

Be Ready to Preach!

Amos 1; Amos 2; Amos 3; Psalm 80; 2 Timothy 4
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!



Scripture


2 Timothy 4:2

"Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction."


Observation

When we served as missionaries in Mexico, I always had to be ready to preach anytime I visited one of our Mexican Baptist churches. The pastor would usually ask me to preach as soon as I arrived. It was not because he didn’t want to preach, but it was I was the honored guest and preaching was a very high honor. My kids got tired of some of my messages that they heard repeatedly and even today, they could probably preach them. But we need to be able to proclaim the Gospel anytime that God gives us the opportunity. It could be at your work place today or at a restaurant or a grocery store; it may be anywhere. Are you ready?


Application

I am glad that we have Good News to share with people. Let’s look for an opportunity to be a witness today!



Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be a witness today. Give me the opportunity to share with someone about you. You word is so powerful. Help me to think about it all day today. You are my Rock. You are my hiding place today. Give me the strength and energy to live for you today. Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: