Monday, June 18, 2007

Wrestling in Prayer for You!

1 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 18; 2 Chronicles 19; Colossians 4
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Colossians 4

12 Epaphras, who is one of you and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends greetings. He is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured.

Observation

Do you wrestle in prayer for other people? Epaphras always did. Maybe you and I spend most of our time wrestling in prayer about our selves rather than wrestling for others. Just using the term “wrestling” when talking about prayer seems unusual to me, which in itself must say something of my prayer life. How about yours?


Application

Am I praying for others earnestly enough where others would describe it as wrestling with God over them?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to pray like “Epaphras” and put people on my heart that I need to pray for. Use our Vacation Bible School this week to change the lives of the children that attend and bless the workers that will be working with them. Touch lives through our church and strengthen those in our fellowship that are going through times of loss and grief. You are all powerful. Nothing is too hard for you!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: