Monday, June 25, 2007

Faithfulness…A Rare Commodity!

Joel 1; Joel 2; Joel 3; 2 Timothy 1
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


Scripture

2 Timothy 1

15 You know that everyone in the province of Asia has deserted me, including Phygelus and Hermogenes.
16 May the Lord show mercy to the household of Onesiphorus, because he often refreshed me and was not ashamed of my chains. 17 On the contrary, when he was in Rome, he searched hard for me until he found me. 18 May the Lord grant that he will find mercy from the Lord on that day! You know very well in how many ways he helped me in Ephesus.

Observation

Faithfulness seems as rare today as it was in Paul’s life back when he wrote his second letter to Timothy. How sad that he writes, “Everyone in the province of Asia has deserted me” I wonder why he seems almost all alone. Maybe because being associated with Paul since he was under arrest put everyone around him and their families at risk of the same fate; but there is a shining light of faithfulness and his name is Onesiphorus. I wonder what made Onesiphorus different than all the rest? Why was he faithful and others not?


Application

Faithful…if Paul were serving today would he call you a “Onesiphorus” or Phygelus/Hermogenes.

Proverbs 25:13 “As the cold of snow in the time of harvest, so is a faithful messenger to them that send him: for he refresheth the soul of his masters.”


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for being so faithful to me. Your love for me does not change. I am the “apple of your eye”. Help me be someone that people can count on. Help me to be an “Onesiphorus” today. Thank you for the friends that you have brought into my life. Thank you for their faithfulness. Show mercy on their families because of their faithfulness to me.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: