Monday, November 28, 2011

Give Me A Heart Like Paul’s



Give Me A Heart Like Paul’s

Scripture

1 Thessalonians 2

11 For you know that we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children, 12 encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.

19 For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? 20 Indeed, you are our glory and joy.

1 Thessalonians 3

12 May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you. 13 May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones.

Observation

As I read these passages this morning I felt Paul’s love for those believers in Thessalonica. It was like a father’s love for his children. You can pick up his strong desire to return to them to encourage, comfort and urge them to live lives worthy of God. Do I have that kind of heart for the believers that God has allowed to become part of my life?

Then Paul says that when he stands before the Lord Jesus Christ that his glory and joy will be them! He says, “Indeed, you are our glory and joy.”

In chapter 3 Paul prays a blessing on these new believers and it is a blessing that you and I should pray for those that we love. Paul has such a father’s heart for these Christ Followers and it is how we should feel about those that God has brought into our lives. Do they know that you love them? Do you encourage, comfort and urge them to live lives worthy of God?

To anyone reading this blog this morning, “May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.”

Application

It is my responsibility to help believers be all that what God wants them to be. I will think of them as if I was their spiritual father and I will encourage, comfort and urge them to live lives worthy of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, our church is full of young people that need the love and encouragement. Help those that have been Christians for a while to open up their hearts to these new believers and to these seekers. Give me the heart of Paul for the people around me. Help me to touch the lives of those that come on our campus. One day when I stand before You in Heaven these believers will be my hope, my joy, and my crown and they will be my glory and joy!

No comments: