Friday, November 25, 2011

Who or What is the Number One Love Of Your Life?

Matthew 20; Matthew 21; Matthew 22
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


Who or What is the Number One Love Of Your Life?

Scripture

Matthew 22

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Observation

We have so much to be thankful for don’t we! Yesterday we had Thanksgiving with our children and our grand children here at our house. All of our kids brought the food. My son Tim cooked the turkey. Cooking the turkey for Thanksgiving has always been my job but this year I had to yield. Our tradition on this day is to go around the room and have everyone share what they are thankful for but this year I decided to share something with my family since God gave me another Thanksgiving to enjoy with them.

I shared with them that there was a time in my life when God was not the greatest love of my life. The first year of our marriage my focus was on everything but God and my life was headed in the wrong direction. God brought a man into my life named Charles Hartwig and my life was forever changed. It was through his influence that I realized that I needed a personal relationship with God through His son Jesus Christ.

It was at that time in my life when God became the number One love of my life. And God has been number one in my life over the past 40 years. I challenged my children and my grand children to love the Lord your God with all of their hearts and all of their souls and with all of their minds.

We have the greatest kids in the world and they have provided Kathy and I the best grand children on the planet. We are so excited to see what God is doing in and through our family. I am so proud of how they have supported their Mom during this whole ordeal. By the way, I am getting better everyday! Thanks for all of your prayers!


Application

I will continue to try to be like Charles Hartwig and help those around me find Christ.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, what You are doing in the lives of my family and what You are doing in the lives of those in our church is totally overwhelming for me. I am so full of joy. I pray that even this Sunday there will more people that will make You the number one love of their life. Thank You for giving me such great kids and such wonderful grand kids. You are an Awesome God. Bless our children, our grand children and everyone at church in a powerful way today! You are so good!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: