Wednesday, November 23, 2011

You Must Turn From Your Selfish Ways

Matthew 14; Matthew 15; Matthew 16
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


You Must Turn From Your Selfish Ways

Scripture

Matthew 16

4 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me.

Observation

When Pastor Bruce came up to the hospital and told me how many people had stepped in and volunteered to help do some of the things that I had been doing at church I was so proud of them. Then he told me how many people had volunteered to serve at the Fall Festival and Feed The City and I was filled with joy. When the Body of Christ turns from its selfish ways and steps in and begins to serve then God's Holy Spirit can do some awesome things!

It was totally unselfish to spend so much time up at the hospital praying for me. So many people stayed with Kathy and my children while I was so critical. People made so many visits to the hospital to check on me. All of these things were done to minister to me and my family...totally completely unselfish! I am so proud of you!

When we stand before our Father in Heaven there is only one thing that He is going to examine and that is how we served Him here on this earth.

One of our church members made this comment to me not too long ago and I think that it was meant to be a put down. This is what they said, “you used pastor the church and now you are out in the parking lot parking cars.” My reply to their comment was this, “I am not parking cars in the parking lot. I am greeting people the moment they arrive on our campus.”

I love making guests feel like Christ Fellowship is the place where they can find what is missing in their lives, whether it is a relationship with Jesus or just getting connected with a church where they grow and serve. There is no more important job on Sunday morning for me than to serve our guests the moment they drive on our campus. I am so proud of everyone else that serves as greeters, whether inside the building or outside. I am amazed at what God is doing at Christ Fellowship!

Application

I will continue to look for ways God wants me to serve Him. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, please continue to raise up an army of volunteers at Christ Fellowship. Bless every person that has said “yes” to serving You. Show them how important serving faithfully is. Keep them from drifting back to a life of selfish living. I pray for Pastor Bruce and Heather and Gwyn that You give them a great Thanksgiving with their family. You an awesome God. You are worthy of Praise!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: