Sunday, November 27, 2011

Trusting in the Lord is a Win - Win Proposition


Trusting in the Lord is a Win - Win Proposition

Scripture

Psalm 125

1 Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion,
which cannot be shaken but endures forever.
2 As the mountains surround Jerusalem,
so the LORD surrounds his people
both now and forevermore.

Observation

Have you ever thought about all the things that the Lord has promised to those that love Him? It seems to me to be a no-brainer that living for God makes more sense than to live life without Him. That is why He has saved us so that can share the Good News to everyone around us. God created us to live in a close relationship with Him. When we choose to live our lives like He doesn’t exist we are the ones who suffer. Those loved ones around you that are living life like God doesn’t even exist might need to hear your testimony.

Since God gave me a second chance at life it is my plan to clearly share the Gospel to those around me. I am going to continue to challenge my entire extended family to trust in the Lord. Psalm 125 shows us what God does for those that love Him and call Him their Lord and Savior. He surrounds us just like the mountains surround Jerusalem. We are like a mountain that cannot be moved. Wow. I love it!

Hugh and Millie Roberts are some of our best friends in the entire world. Right now they are just arriving in Peru on a mission trip. Hugh shared several passages of scripture with me before they left. Here is one for you that he shared with me. Psalm 18:19 in an Eddy paraphrase, “God delights in me”. As I reread Psalm 18 yesterday the Lord gave me another verse to hold on to and it is verse 39, “The Lord will give me the strength for the battle!” I am holding on to this verse as I recover.

The Bible is full of promises and blessings for those that put their trust in Lord!

Application

I will share God’s love with as many people as I can as long as God lets me live.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I still am amazed that You delight in me! You surround me like the mountains surround Jerusalem. With You as my God what do I have to fear. You brought me up from the pit of death. I pray today for Pastor Bruce as he preaches. May Your Holy Spirit move in our congregation today. I pray for people to be saved. I pray for many people that today they will make a decision to serve You in some ministry in our church. I pray for the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering that our church would sacrificially give so more missionaries can go overseas. I pray for the missionaries that are taking part in our mission’s conference. Bless them and their families Lord. Use them to take the Gospel to the world that still hasn’t had the chance to hear about Jesus.

1 comment:

Laura Burton said...

Eddie,

I am so thankful that you are still with us!!! I know my dad's number 1 praise this Thanksgiving was that you are alive! He loves you dearly! We all do.