Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Raised From The Dead

Matthew 11; Matthew 12; Matthew 13
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Raised From The Dead

Scripture

Matthew 11

4 Jesus told them, “Go back to John and tell him what you have heard and seen—5 the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised to life, and the Good News is being preached to the poor.

Observation

It was a month ago yesterday that I had my heart attack. I am still learning every day more and more about what happened. I can't totally comprehend it and I probably never will. But this much I know that all the people that prayed for me didn't just pray for a sick person to get well. The church prayed and raised me from the dead! My primary care doctor told me that I was dead twice and his concern because I died was that the brain could have been left with no oxygen during the time it took me to come back and I would not be the same. He was very concerned about that.

God's church when the Holy Spirit moves the church to action can raise the dead. I know. I am a living testimony of the power of God's church.

“If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sins, and will heal their land.” 2 Chron. 7:14

Kathy and I in all of our over 40 years in ministry have never ever experienced the mighty power of God's church like we have over this past month. She told me about how so many people poured into the hospital and stayed with her and prayed. How so many lined the walls of the intensive care hallway praying and crying out for God to save me. She told me that people brought food for her and my family during the entire time that I was in ICU. The St Joseph Hospital staff both doctors and nurses were moved by the number of people praying. They say that they had never seen anything like this before.

My surgeon told his assistant that he didn't think that I would make it. The reports for most of the first week that he would share with the entire church that was out in the waiting room gave very little hope.

But the church didn't give up. I was dead, but now I am alive because of the power of God's people. When the church prays like they did for me there is nothing that can contain its mighty power. I have cried and cried as I have writing this. I owe you my very life.

Application

I will now pray knowing with even more assurance that I have a Mighty Heavenly Father who wants to answer our prayers.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your church. Thank You for giving them the power to raise the dead. I was dead but now I am alive. Thanks for smiling on me and my family. Thank You for showing Your church how powerful it is. You know that I am totally overwhelmed with everything that You have done for me over the past month. Bless every person and every church that took time to pray for me. Bless them really good.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: