Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Simple as a Cool Cup of Water!

Matthew 8; Matthew 9; Matthew 10

Scripture

Matthew 10:40-42

"He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me. 41 Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man's reward. 42 And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."

Observation

In Heaven we are going to receive rewards for what we do down here for others in the name of Jesus. As we worked in Gulf Port, Mississippi repairing homes and a Baptist Church I thought about this verse. We just went to help out, but we went in the Name of Jesus, as Christ-Followers. Now if our hearts were right as we did the work in Mississippi then when we get to Heaven we will be rewarded for the things we accomplished.


Application

Serving others is serving Jesus; when we are do things with the right motives!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, search my heart and show me anything that is not right so I can confess it to You and have a clean heart. Help my motives for serving You today be from a pure heart. Help me touch someone’s life today for you!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: