Tuesday, November 07, 2006

THEREFORE!

Job 31; Job 32; Galatians 5; Galatians 6

Scripture

Doing Good to All

Galatians 6:1-10

"Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. 2Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, 5for each one should carry his own load.
6Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor.
7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."


Observation

Someone told me a long time ago that when you come across a “Therefore” in the scriptures you need to look and see what it is “there for”! Looking at verse ten we find a “Therefore”. Paul is finishing up his letter to the Galatians and his last word to them is a word of encouragement; “Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially those who belong to the family of believers.” In verse nine he says that we should not grow weary of doing good because one day we will reap a harvest if we don’t give up!

When we do good stuff, but we moan and groan about it while we are doing it then we probably need to check our motives. But sometimes we grow weary because we don’t see the fruit or the harvest, we don’t see that it is making a difference and that is why Paul says that we should not give up.

Who needs a word of encouragement this week? Who needs a phone call? Who needs a note from you this week? Who can we encourage?



Application

Therefore! Let’s look for someone to encourage this week.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me do some good things this week for someone that really needs to be encouraged. Place that person in my path or on my heart so I will know they are the ones that need to be encouraged. Thank you for sending people into my life to encourage me. You are so good to me.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

luvdarodeo said...

Eddy - that is such a perfect blog for me today again you hit the nail on the head! A friend of mine at work - his step-daughter was in a really bad car accident Friday morning, she went through the windshield and her brain has swelling. They say that she will more than likely make it through but they don't know the extent of damage yet - she is 20 yrs old and has a 2 or 3 year old son, her mom is going through so much right now and may lose her job for taking time off. I want to do a good deed for them and I was told there is a fund being set up, I asked to be kept informed of it and I plan to make it my mission to gather and collect has much money and prayers for them as I can. I sent out emails to pray for this family on Friday when I heard and at that time they didn't have much hope, 3 days later now, the nurse has told them she will make it - she is going to survive! I believe that is because of prayer for her, only God can save her. I can help though, I would like to help them and show them that God works and prayers work. I don't know if they are Christians or not, I don't think they are but I want to help that family and show them that the Lord will send people and help in their time of need and maybe they will come to know Christ through this tragedy. Guess my point is we need to help others and sometimes we lose sight of that. It's good to do the right thing and I know God smiles when we help others. Thanks Eddy! Sandra

Eddy Williams said...

Sandra,

I am glad that God has placed you in the lives of these folks! May God continue to lead you to be a blessing to them!