Wednesday, November 22, 2006

For Out of the Overflow of the Heart the Mouth Speaks!

Matthew 11; Matthew 12; Matthew 13

Scripture

Matthew 12:33-37

"Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. 34 You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. 35 The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. 36 But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. 37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."


Observation

Have you ever heard someone defend another person's mean or ugly comments by saying, “Oh, they really don’t mean what they are saying”? Sorry, but Jesus says, “for out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks”. So when a person blurts out with a mean, hurtful, or thoughtless remark they are just expressing what is already in their heart.


Application

I am going to think about what I say today and how I say it.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me guard my heart today. May the meditation of my heart and the words of my mouth be pleasing to you today!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: