Saturday, November 04, 2006

The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.

Job 26; Job 27; Mark 15; Mark 16

Scripture

The Death of Jesus

Mark 15:33-39

“At the sixth hour darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour. 34And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
35When some of those standing near heard this, they said, "Listen, he's calling Elijah."
36One man ran, filled a sponge with wine vinegar, put it on a stick, and offered it to Jesus to drink. "Now leave him alone. Let's see if Elijah comes to take him down," he said.
37With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.
38The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. 39And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, heard his cry and saw how he died, he said, "Surely this man was the Son of God!"

Observation


Mark 15:38 “The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.” The curtain of the temple kept ordinary people from having access to God. The high priest was the only person able to pass through the curtain. Anyone else that entered would die. Jesus death on the cross now removes the barrier between us and God and gives us direct access to our Heavenly Father. It is a very big deal even though we don’t think about it very much. I can talk directly to God and I don’t have to go to a priest to have him intercede for me. My Intercessor is the Lord Jesus Christ and it is through His death on the cross that I have direct access to the Father!

Application

My conversation with God is possible because Jesus Christ gave His life for me. I desire to live for Him today. It is important to know that the curtain was torn from the top to the bottom. God is always reaching down to man!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me live for you today. Help me to think about your kingdom today and to focus on your Will. Reveal to me the important things that you want me to do. Thank you that I don’t need to go to a priest to talk with you. Thank you for hearing me today. You are Awesome!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: