Thursday, December 21, 2006

Is God’s Hand Big Enough?

John 9; John 10; John 11

Scripture

John 10:28-30 “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and the Father are one."

Observation

I know someone that believes that a person can lose their salvation. It is amazing that these verses don’t help them change their belief. I believe that if I am safe in my Heavenly Father’s Hand and since Jesus says that no one can snatch me out then in His Hand is a very secure place to be. I have had someone say that “yes, no one can snatch you out but you can get out of His hand on your own!” God saves us and God keeps us. We should be depending completely on Him for our security. When Jesus says, “and they shall never perish” I believe Him completely. How about you?

Application

Christmas is all about His Gift to us. Eternal Life is something that we can’t earn and once we have it we can’t lose it no matter what we do or don’t do!


Prayer

Father, help me explain better to our people that it is all by your grace that we are saved and not our works. Help those that are confused, and correct those that are causing the confusion by their dogmatic teaching that “works” are a means of gaining salvation or that “works” are necessary to keep one’s salvation.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: