Saturday, September 01, 2007

True Heroes!

Ezekiel 15; Ezekiel 16; Psalm 70; Revelation 6
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Revelation 6

9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10 They called out in a loud voice, "How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?" 11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed.

Observation

In Iraq, some of the Iraqi people are blowing themselves up thinking that because they are dying for their cause they will go to Heaven. In fact, they say it is the only way to know for sure that you will go to Heaven is to die fighting the Infidels in a holy war.

My heroes are the Christians that have died while serving on the mission field. Knowing the danger and counting the cost they decided to place themselves in dangerous positions so those unreached people have the opportunity to hear about Jesus. These are not only my heroes, but they are also close to God’s heart too!


Application

Suffering...am I willing to lay down my life for Him? Yes Lord, I am willing to give my life for you if that is what it takes for others to know you.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, as I read Revelation I am reminded that this is not my home. I have a place with you and that is where I belong. I pray for my missionary friends that today are in very dangerous places. I ask that you use them for your glory. Protect them with your Mighty Power. Help them not to be discouraged or defeated. Bless them and their families and the nationals around them. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: