Saturday, September 29, 2007

What is Most Important in Your Life?

Zechariah 4; Zechariah 5; Zechariah 6; Luke 12
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Do Not Worry

22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life]? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
27 "Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
32 “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.


Observation

This has always been one of my favorites Bible passages. There have been times when Kathy and I didn’t know how we were going to make it and this Bible passage brought us hope and strength and God always came through to take care of us.

Seek His Kingdom and all the stuff that you need for your life will be provided. Put his kingdom first and not worry about our lives is easy said but not so easy done. Me, my, and mine (my kingdom, my stuff, my activities/plans) often takes priority over His kingdom and His will.

Provide for ourselves, Jesus says, “treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted.” And He reminds us that where our treasure is, there our hearts will be also.

Where is your heart? Where is my heart?

Application

I have just returned from a leadership meeting at our church. It was a meeting lasting from 9am until noon. We had a good strong core group of our leadership that made the decision to attend. I applaud them for their participation. All of them have activities that they normally do on Saturdays, but today they made a decision that His kingdom came first. I am very proud of them.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to think about you and your stuff more than I do about my stuff and myself. Help me to store up treasure in heaven instead of accumulating stuff down here on earth. Thank you for the leaders you have placed in our church. Thank you for the ones that sacrificed to attend this morning’s leadership meeting! Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: