Friday, September 28, 2007

The Secret of Being Blessed! Have You Discovered it?

Zechariah 1; Zechariah 2; Zechariah 3; Luke 11
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 11

27 As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, "Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you."
28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Observation

Some might think that because they live in a nice house, drive a nice car, and have good health that they are blessed, but Jesus gives us a different definition. I like it when I ask someone how he or she are doing and they reply back, “I’m Blessed”, of course it could just be a habit like when we reply back, “I’m fine!” Whether or not they are truly blessed does not depend on their circumstances. It does not depend on what or how many material possessions they have accumulated. Even if the house, the car and everything else is paid for it doesn’t really show that God is blessing them! So how does one know when and if it is God that is blessing them? It is very easy to know! Those that hear the word of God and obey it are blessed. Period. End of Story!

How obedient does the Lord find you this morning? Are you blessed?

Application

Reveal to me any disobedience in my life and I give me the strength to make the necessary changes.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am thankful that you are Perfect and your ways are not our ways. Thank you for blessing me. Help me to obey you today because I realize that obedience is the secret of being blessed. Thank you for your Word. It is so powerful. Help me to be obedient to the things that you have placed on my heart. May doing your will be the most important thing on my heart today. I pray for those close to me that continue to walk in disobedience. Bring them to the point of obedience so that they can experience your blessings. They are reaping the fruit of their life of sin, which is utter destruction, and they seem blinded to your truth. Turn their hearts today so they can enjoy the fruit of obedience. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: