Thursday, September 27, 2007

Filled With Joy!

Haggai 1; Haggai 2; Psalm 129; Luke 10
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 10

17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name."
18 He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20 However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."
21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.
22 "All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."
23 Then he turned to his disciples and said privately, "Blessed are the eyes that see what you see. 24 For I tell you that many prophets and kings wanted to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it."

Observation

Joy! What caused Jesus to be filled with Joy? Wasn’t it was the seventy-two disciples that Jesus had sent out? Wasn’t it their joy as they returned from their first mission trip that caused Jesus to burst out in praise to His Heavenly Father. To think that we can bring Jesus joy is pretty awesome!

Someone has said that “happiness” comes from “happenings”, but “joy” comes from a relationship that we have with our Heavenly Father! People think that it is happiness that they are missing in life and so they try to meet that need with momentary pleasures: sex, drugs, alcohol etc. But what they are really trying to find is something deeper, something more lasting, and that something is called “Joy” and that something is found in the Someone called Jesus. Jesus says, “rejoice that your names are written in Heaven” and until you know that your name is written in Heaven you will not experience “joy”.

Application

May the way I live today bring Jesus “joy”.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you that my name is written in Heaven. Thank you for the joy that I have in my heart. Even when days are rough and even when I am spiritually under attack there is a joy in my life that nothing or no one can take away. You are a Mighty God. You are my Savior. Thank you for putting joy in my life! Amen



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: