Friday, August 31, 2007

How Important is Prayer to God?

Ezekiel 12; Ezekiel 13; Ezekiel 14; Revelation 5
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Revelation 5

7 He came and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne. 8 And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. 9 And they sang a new song:
"You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased men for God
from every tribe and language and people and nation.
10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,
and they will reign on the earth."

Observation

Have you ever thought about how important your prayers are to God? He is saving every one of them. Well maybe not every one of our prayers, but He is at least saving the ones that He really likes because He has them in Heaven in golden bowls! I wonder if He has any of my prayers in those bowls. I am sure that some of my prayers that I have shot up to God aren’t in His favorites, but maybe just maybe He is keeping a few of my prayers of the times when we were very close and the fellowship was sweet! How is your love relationship with God today? Are you having intimate talks with Him. Or are your prayers all about you; all one sided; seeking only to have your needs met? God wants a love relationship with us and He cherishes that relationship so much that He will keep the conversations guarded in Heaven in golden bowls.


Application

I will talk with my Heavenly Father today about His agenda not mine!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, you are worthy, you are worthy to receive Glory and Praise! Thank you for purchasing me with your blood. Thank you for wanting to have a friendship, an intimate relationship with me. I hope that my prayers to you mean enough to you to end up, at least a few of them in the golden bowls you have in Heaven. Amen



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: