Saturday, August 18, 2007

Show and Tell!

Jeremiah 26; Jeremiah 35; Jeremiah 36; John 20
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

John 20

Jesus Appears to Thomas

24 Now Thomas (called Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!"
But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."
26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" 27 Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."
28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"
29 Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
30 Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.


Observation

Thomas didn’t believe that Jesus was alive! He said that unless I see His Hands and unless I am able to put my hand into Jesus’ side I will not believe! So Jesus appeared again and this time Thomas was in the group and the first thing that Jesus said was, Thomas, put your finger here, Thomas, put your hand into my side.” Do it so you will stop doubting, Jesus said. Then Thomas responded, “My Lord and my God!” He became a believer!

Has Jesus become your God? Or is He just a good teacher, or a prophet, or someone that sang songs about as a child? Have you acknowledged him as your Lord…your Boss, your Savior? You can do that right now!


Application

There is life in God's Word, Eternal Life. The Gospel of John was written just to show us that we can put our trust in Jesus Christ and have Eternal Life in Him.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, open my spiritual eyes today. As I read your Word give me understanding and discernment about what I am reading. Thank you for saving me and I pray that you open the spiritual eyes of many around me that they may know you too. You are Wonderful. Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: