Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Set Apart Before Birth To Proclaim The Good News!

Jeremiah 1; Jeremiah 2; John 10
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

The Call of Jeremiah

Jeremiah 1

4 The word of the LORD came to me, saying,
5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
6 "Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."
7 But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.


Observation

God knew you before your Mom and Dad ever thought about conceiving you! In fact, before He formed you in your mother’s womb He already knew you. God is Sovereign! If you are a Christ-Follower then I hope you realize the awesome undeserved privilege of being chosen by God before the foundation of this world. We have been set apart by Him, for His Glory and for His Purpose. We are His Masterpiece!

Application

God wants us to be Holy. He wants us to keep ourselves pure. He wants us to be the light to this dark world. The only way to be a light is to keep ourselves clean and useable and obedient to His will. Is there a sin that you need to confess? Is there sin in your life right now? If there is then take it to the Lord and let Him cleanse you! “Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify the Father which is in Heaven.” Matthew 5:16


Prayer

Heavenly Father, you are a Wonderful Father. Thank you for allowing me to be one of your children. I don’t deserve to be called your son. Thank you for choosing me way before my Dad and my Mom ever thought about trying to have me! Help me live in a way that pleases you and brings you Honor and Glory. Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: