Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lukewarm is Yuk!

Ezekiel 4; Ezekiel 5; Ezekiel 6; Ezekiel 7; Revelation 3
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Revelation 3

20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

Observation

Now lets look at verse 20 in context, “14" To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. 15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17 You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. 19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

Jesus says to the bunch of lukewarm folks in Laodicea, “Here I am! I stand at the door (of your heart) and knock.” I want to have fellowship with you. I want you to love me. Quit being lukewarm. I don’t want to spit you out of my mouth, but I will if you don’t repent and open your heart to me I am going to deal harshly with you.”

Is your heart open today? Do you hear Jesus this morning? He wants to spend time with us today. Will you let him?


Application

I don’t like to drink a soda that is lukewarm. Jesus doesn’t like us either if we are lukewarm. God-centered people are not lukewarm people. Self-centered people are lukewarm. Today, I will examine my life to see if my life is God-centered or self-centered.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that you want my life to be God-centered. Can you help me make sure that my life is that way? I want you to have complete control of my life. I want to live for you and I do not want to become lukewarm. Keep me on fire for you. Don’t ever let me become lukewarm. Thank you for our church. Thank you for the staff that you have brought to grow it. They are amazing. Keep them in the center of your will. May they flourish and be a blessing to you. Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Drummer Chris said...

I like the way the Greek sounds. The word where we got "spit it out" from literally means vomit. Jesus is sick of our lukewarm churches. The taste makes Him want to puke!

Eddy Williams said...

Chris,

I agree! Great comment. Thanks for taking time to write!