Wednesday, August 22, 2007

How Do We Know That We Are Saved?

Jeremiah 28; Jeremiah 29; Jeremiah 30; 1 John 3
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 John 3

24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

Observation

How do you know that you are saved? How do I know that Christ lives in me? We know by the Holy Spirit that God the Father has given to us. The Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God. I gave my life to Christ when I was 19 years old and He has never left me. His Spirit has always assured me that I was one of God’s children. Even when I was living in disobedience God let me know that I was one of His and He spanked me.

It is a great feeling knowing that I am one of God’s chosen children. I know that I can go to Him and ask Him for anything and I will receive it. That would sound pretty arrogant if you didn’t realize that God just said that about me in verses 21 and 22 of this same chapter, “Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.”


Application

God’s Holy Spirit convicts me of sin. He shows me things in my life that do not please my Heavenly Father. Today I will thank Him because He has given me His Holy Spirit and He has given me the confidence of knowing that I belong to Him.



Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be sensitive to your voice. Help me to be completely obedient to what you say to me. Thank you for giving me the gift of the Holy Spirit. Thank you for saving me and letting me know that I am yours. You are Wonderful! You are my God! You are my Heavenly Father! Help me to be completely clean from sin today. Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: