Friday, August 24, 2007

How Confident Are You?

Jeremiah 33; Jeremiah 34; Psalm 74; 1 John 5
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 John 5

13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.

Observation

Do you lack confidence?

I think that the reason that we lack confidence is that we don’t believe what God says in verse 14 and verse 15! Knowing God is a huge privilege that we as Christ-Follower have. It is an intimate relationship that we have with our Heavenly Father. All we have to do is ask for anything according to His Will and we will receive it.

I think of my own children as they were growing up and if they asked for anything and they asked in the right way, with the right motive, it was a joy to give them what they asked for.

God is just waiting for us to ask Him for the right things and he will open up the windows of Heaven and shower us with His blessings. We just need to know His will. We need to know what to ask for. How do we know what is God’s will and what is not? One important way is to stay close to Him everyday; read His word everyday; meditate on His word; take time to talk to Him.

Application

I will meditate on this passage all day today. I want to think about God’s Will today and what would fall into his will that is on my heart!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you that I can have confidence in your Word. I can trust you to show me your will. I want to ask you things according to your will so I can see you answer my prayers. Help me to think more about your will than my own personal agenda. Be with our church this weekend as we have the “Fun Fest”. May this event be something that brings you honor and glory! Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Paulette said...

Hey Eddy,
I enjoyed your post today. I have praying about this very thing as well. I love reading all of your words of wisdom.
Hope yall are doing well. We start back to school Monday so it will get busy again.
I love you and Kathy