Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Is There Blood On Your Hands?

Ezekiel 1; Ezekiel 2; Ezekiel 3; Revelation 2
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Ezekiel 3

17 "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. 18 When I say to a wicked man, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 19 But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself.
20 "Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. Since you did not warn him, he will die for his sin. The righteous things he did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 21 But if you do warn the righteous man not to sin and he does not sin, he will surely live because he took warning, and you will have saved yourself."

Observation

God lets us know in Ezekiel 3 that we are to be His witnesses. If we share the Good News with someone and they don’t listen then that is their problem, but if God impressed on our hearts to share with someone and we disobeyed and did not share then He says that we have that person’s blood on our hands.

Let me see your hands…do they have blood on them? How about my hands? Yes, there have been times when I had the chance to share with someone and I didn’t do it. I don’t want it to happen again. How about you? I don’t want someone else’s blood on my hands.

Application

I will look for every opportunity to be His witness today!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, you are awesome! You are Mighty! You are My strength! I love you with all my heart, with all my soul, and all my mind, and all my strength! You are Worthy to be Praised. Help me to be an obedient witness for you today. Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: