Saturday, August 11, 2007

Boasting Rights!

Jeremiah 7; Jeremiah 8; Jeremiah 9; John 13
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Jeremiah 9

23 This is what the LORD says:
"Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom
or the strong man boast of his strength
or the rich man boast of his riches,
24 but let him who boasts boast about this:
that he understands and knows me,
that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,"
declares the LORD.

Observation

Boasting…makes me think of Texas! It seems like everything in Texas has always got to be bigger than anywhere else. I heard on the television this past week that the Dallas Cowboys will soon have the largest football stadium in the nation! It will be huge! It will hold over 100,000 fans and the Statue of Liberty could stand upright in the dome! The jumbo screens will be enormous! No other stadium will be even close to its splendor! Maybe my brother Rick who lives in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area will invite me to see one of the games when they move into the new stadium! I wonder if the food in the stadium will be gigantic too! I am sure that the price will be!

Boasting rights…the Lord says that we should only boast about one thing and it should be about Him; He says in verse 24, “that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth”. When the owners of the Dallas Cowboys die someone else will own the big stadium and then what will they have to boast about? If they don’t know Jesus then they will not enjoy the greatest piece of real estate ever, where gold is so common it is used to pave the streets! Now that is something that we as Christ-followers can brag about!

Do you know Him?

Application

Paul said, “that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection.” Knowing Christ is enough for me today. I am content. Today I will thank Him for all that I have in Him.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, knowing you is enough for me! You are so Good to me! You are Wonderful, Powerful, and so very kind! Thank you for blessing me so much. Thank you for providing me with so much. Thank you for the awesome privilege of knowing you personally and allowing me to live for you! Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: