Monday, August 13, 2007

Friends…You Can’t Live Without Them!

Jeremiah 13; Jeremiah 14; Jeremiah 15; John 15
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

John 15

12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

Observation

We live in such a superficial fast pace world that we don’t slow down to make friends. How can you love each other if you never take time for each other? Do you feel the frustration? Jesus commands us to love each other as He loves us. His love for us is a deep abiding love. Our relationships are so fragile that the least little thing that is done by someone to us causes us to withdraw from them because we got our feeling hurt. We are sometimes a bunch of spiritual babies. Jesus commands us to love each other warts and all. Do we get mad, pick up our toys and go to another church to make new friends. Where is the love in doing that?


Application

Loving people is not easy. If it were easy then Jesus would not have had to make it a command. He could have made it a suggestion. God loves us not because we are so loveable, but because He is Love. It is His nature to love. Who needs your love today? Who needs a hug, a phone call, a written note, a word of encouragement, a visit, ten or 15 minutes of your time? “This is my command: Love each other.”




Prayer

Heavenly Father, show me today who needs attention. Help me today to be obedient to your command to love people. Lord, help me love people that are not very loveable. Help me to be like you today as I go through this day. Thank you for loving me just like I am. Thank you for loving me enough to help me everyday become more like Jesus. Thank you for all the friends you have brought into my life. Thank you for every person in our church. You are Wonderful! You are Worthy of Honor and Praise! Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: